Saturday, August 21, 2010

Testing testing, 1, 2, 3

Just testing to see if I can blog from the laptop, so I can continue in this challenge.

We are still packing, although most things are pretty much done. All we really have left is suitcases, take down the TV and wrap it up, and also our computers. So sunday night we will not have our main computers on at all. That will be really weird. What are we going to do? I don’t really remember what I used to do before I became addicted to computers. I just sat here for a few minutes and yeah, drawing a blank.

I’m also having an issue with the U-haul people again. They called this morning and said they didn’t have a 10’ truck, but would I take a 14’ for the same price as the 10’? Uhhh… no. And add ANOTHER $105 to my trip for another tank of gas? I’m already up past what I had budgeted for. Then I found out that after all my problems and calling the CEO and him helping me out, the grand total of my discount? A whole $27. Yeah, that ain’t happening. If it was going to be like that I would not have bothered making all the phone calls I did, I would just be bitching about U-Haul. It was a little over $100 difference, this is what I told everybody I had talked to, and this is what I am after. I talked with a few people today and I have another call to make tomorrow. If I don’t get what I should have gotten in the first place, its time for another call to the CEO. And then I’m not going to be nice about it. I’ll straight out tell them this will hit social media sites.

My budgeting originally went like this:

U-Haul cargo van - $1,228 vs 10’ truck - $1,334

Gas savings in using van about a 35 gallon tank @ $3 per gallon = $105

Total savings = $211

Now that I have to take the 10’ truck I just lost that gas savings of $105, but I figured it would even out with the offer of the cargo van rate, but now they are going to knock $27 off the price? Everything that I had calculated for the cargo van, and everything I had budgeted for is all messed up now.

So now I’m pissed. Add to that I am sore, tired, hungry and stressing out about packing and making sure we are able to leave on time monday morning.

Well if we don’t get what I am hoping for, I’m gonna have a blog post Cliff is gonna like.

 

2 Days to go!  Cliff - Peer Pressure Works, Chad - The Grind, Kelly - ‘Round the Bend, Kim - In Desperate Need of Entertainment, Erron – From the Inside Looking In, Kyle - Blog, Liam - In the Now, James – Feelings of White, Shaun - Expedition of Truths, Tammy - Tam I am, Vlad – Analog Coast, Janine – Because.

5 comments:

  1. There was a time I would make myself blog from my laptop on ocassion just to prove I could do it. Because sometimes all you've got is a laptop.

    I'm sorry to hear that U-Haul is being such dicks. On the plus side, however, you're moving! You'll have to change the title of your blog one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word verification for that last comment was "painwood". Is that like the pain you get when you have morning wood perhaps? When you're all like "go away stupid boner I need to take a piss so bad and I don't want to pee on the fucking roof"
    It could also be a bad ass villian name I think... although the boner-related thing probably would get him mocked a lot so maybe it wouldn't be a good villian name.
    PAINWOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to stay strong when dealing this companies like this and make sure you get what you want. I still do this today when dealing with IT vendors. If they fuck up, they pay!

    So the gas between a 10" and 14" would be that much different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think at the end of the day I would save myself the aggravation and stress and take the 14 footer. I am not sure if the gas difference would be so significant? But then I am a chick and we usually go for the bigger one ; )

    ReplyDelete